Monday, January 12, 2009

My New Favourite Colors

First of all, I am adopting the Canadian way of spelling favourite. Favorite is so blah. Favourite is so fancy. I like it! So, continuing on - to say that I'm sweet on my new obsession of peacock colors and peacock feathers is an understatement. I'm officially smitten and off the market for any other color combinations. This week. I don't care if it's trendy. It's also so classic - I mean you can't make up an animal like that. So now the beautiful, graceful peacock is officially my favourite animal too.

Anyhow, one of my sweet brides knew she wanted a merlot-colored red for her wedding in October, but she couldn't decide on the secondary colors for her palate. Well, my friends, I pounced on this chance for my new favourite colours (I'm adopting that one too) to show up at an event. And believe me - they're going to show. up.

Merlot red. Peacock teal. Sapphire Blue. I. Love. You. Here's my inspriation for your event, Leigh. I hope you love it!

Main Color Palate Board:

Source (left to right, row by row): OH, HOW CHARMING!, Melissa Sweet, OH, HOW CHARMING!, Sasha Souza, OH, HOW CHARMING!, Flickr, Unknown, Bride Design, Sasha Souza, Unknown, BBJ Linens, Sasha Souza, GOD, Crystalier, Flickr, Flickr

Pre-Ceremony Board:Source (left to right, row by row): GOD, Mac Cosmetics on Flickr, Bride Design, Sasha Souza, Sasha Souza, Studio Stems, Melissa Sweet


Reception Board:


Source (left to right, row by row): OH, HOW CHARMING!, Unknown, Unknown, Tiny Water, Flickr, OH, HOW CHARMING!, BBJ Linens

1 comment:

  1. Editor's Mom's corrections: 1. Apparently the peacock should be referred to as a 'peafowl' - not an 'animal' as I so naively did (rolling eyes), and 2. The British in fact coined the spellings of colour and favourite - not the Canadians. My bad.

    ReplyDelete