Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trend Spotting 2

After gown shopping with a new bride yesterday, I'm loving the new gown lines even more. Seeing a bride in "the dress" still gives me goosebumps!

Continuing on the Spring '10 Bridal Gowns trends theme, here are some additional trends to watch for...

Let's talk skirts. Designers are really putting emphasis on them and making them textured... layered... different... points of interest other than just their silhouette or how they're bussled, which is very cool.

Some other trends that aren't so major, but that are still making a showing are one-strap gowns and lots of sweetheart necklines. Granted, both have been around forever, but I think Michelle Obama's love of the one strap dress has inspired bridal designers to bring it back. The sweetheart neckline may be the result of 40's and 50's-inspired fashion coming back. And remember the bow trend... showing up again today.

Now for some divine Badgley Mishka...




The incredible Monique Lhuillier...






And some Ines de Santo going for the one-strap looks... admittedly not my favorite, but this first little Oscar de la Renta number is pretty hot...






And finally, some 40's/50's fashion throw-backs that are simply... endearing. Immediately when I saw these, I flashed back to Audrey Hepburn, and to beautiful old photos of my older aunts and grandparents, impossibly skinny, in their gorgeous black & white wedding photos. In fact, this first gown from the Monique Lhuillier collection literally takes my breath away. Take it all in.







No comments:

Post a Comment