Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trend Spotting: Spring '10 Bridal Lines

I love this time of year where the bridal designers have all their new lines out! There are always some fascinating trends each year, considering how difficult it must be to create them with a mostly all-white long gown as your starting point. But alas, I've spotted several unique trends this season that I'm going to share with you in a few installments this week.

There are 3 major fashion trends I see happening with the big-name designers...
1. BOWS - and I mean serious bows.
2. Textured skirts
3. 1940's/1950's throwbacks

We're starting with bows today! Vera Wang is the clear trend setter in the use of bows big and small in practically all of her designs this year. It's almost as if she's presenting brides as precious gifts to their grooms, which I adore. You'll notice Vera also is giving her skirts a much more textured feel (another trend). Take a looksee...








Stay tuned tomorrow for the next installment of fashion trend spotting in this year's bridal gowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment